Mexican rice – we make our using this recipe in the Instant Pot.
Refried beans – also an easy dish to prepare in the Instant Pot. No overnight soaking of the beans!
Cheese – we use a blend of shredded cheese but you can add mozzarella, cheddar, or even Monterey jack
Tortillas – use fajita size or larger depending upon the amount of ingredients that you have and the size of your baking dishes
Optional – grilled or sautéed vegetables – you can make this recipe even healthier by adding squash, peppers, spinach, onions, mushrooms or other veggies floating around your refrigerator.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- In a 9×13 pan, pour one to two ladles of the enchilada sauce on the bottom of the pan. It should be just enough to cover it but not too much that it looks like it would be dangerous to pick it up and carry it.
- Layout several tortillas on your counter, if you have the space. This recipe goes faster if you can prepare each enchilada in an assembly line fashion.
- Smear two to the tablespoons worth of refried beans on one end of the tortilla.
- Add several heaping tablespoons of Mexican rice, followed by the cheese and optional veggies, on top of the refried beans.
- Fold in the left and right edges of the tortilla. Then, carefully roll up the enchilada, starting from the end with the filling. It should look like a small burrito.
- Place the enchilada into the prepared pan.
- Continue until the plan is filled with enchiladas.
- Pour more sauce over the top of the filled plan and then sprinkle generously with cheese.
- Bake in the over for 30-40 minutes until the cheese is completely melted.
- Serve with guacamole or sliced avocado.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Join our mailing list to receive more on the intersection of psychology, parenting, and innovation.