2 tsp chopped garlic
6 tablespoons vegetable or canola oil
5 tablespoons chili powder (add more if you like it spicier or reduce for a milder flavor)
2 cans diced tomatoes, including liquid (avoid using seasoned cans)
1 can tomato paste
2 teaspoons of chicken soup consommé
4 cups of water
- Set Instant Pot to sauté. When hot, add add oil and chopped garlic.
- After two to three minutes, add the chili powder, stirring frequently to avoid burning.
- When the chili powder, garlic, and oil have formed a paste, add the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Set Instant Pot to pressure cook for fifteen minutes at high pressure.
- After the Instant Pot program completes, manually release the pressure and turn off the Instant Pot.