1 cup Kodiak Cakes mix
2 TBSP cocoa powder
1 banana, mashed
1 cup of milk
1 TBSP oil
Mini chocolate chips like Enjoy Life
- Heat your waffle iron.
- Mash the banana. Make sure to get it as smooth as possible so that it mixes well with the waffle batter.
- Combine Kodiak Cake mix and cocoa powder in a large bowl. Mix gently to make sure the powder doesn’t end up all over the counter.
- Add banana, milk, egg, and oil. Mix with a wire whisk until smooth.
- Grease the waffle iron with oil or a cooking spray. Pam baking spray with flour works very well.
- Pour mixture into the waffle iron. Follow the directions from your waffle iron to determine how much. Err on the side of putting too little in so that it doesn’t spill over the sides of the waffle iron.
- Sprinkle with chocolate chips.
- Close the waffle iron lid and follow direction from your waffle iron for amount of time. Cooking times vary between waffle irons. Generally, three to four minutes should be enough.
- Carefully remove each waffle with tongs or a heat-proof silicon spatula. Spray the waffle iron after several batches.
This recipe can easily be doubled or tripled. We use the 24 ounces pouches which contains five cups of Kodiak Cake mix.