This is an old family favorite. It’s a yummy mixture of eggs, cheese, and tomato sauce. The bonus is that you can prep it in advance and freeze it.
1 cooked pie shell
1 cup Italian Sauce
2 T white wine
1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
¾ cup milk
pinch sugar, cayenne pepper, nutmeg
- Pre- heat oven to 425.
- Partially bake pie crust, app. 10 min.
- Mix sauce with wine. Pour into crust.
- Sprinkle cheese on top of the sauce.
- Beat eggs with milk, add remainder of ingredients. Then, pour into crust.
- Bake at 425 for 15 minutes, than 300 for 55 minutes. To avoid a potential mess when the egg rises, place the pie pan on top of a baking sheet.