I am a sucker for chocolate-covered strawberries. It’s healthy, right? There’s fruit inside there?
Chocolate-covered strawberries are a great way to add a yummy dessert to your Passover Seder without spending more time in the kitchen. You can even get your kids involved in preparing them.
10-ounce package of Kosher for Passover bittersweet or semi-sweet chocolate chips
2 pounds of fresh strawberries
- Wash and dry the strawberries. The chocolate will not stick as well if the strawberries are damp, so gently dry them with a cloth or paper towel.
- Line a baking sheet or large platter with wax or parchment paper.
- Pour the chocolate chips into a microwavable bowl. Microwave the chocolate for 30-second intervals. Stir the chocolate between each 30-second interval. Stirring will help avoid the chocolate burning.
- Hold the strawberry by the stem and carefully dip it into the melted chocolate. Allow the excess to drip back into the bowl.
- Place each dipped strawberry on the covered pan or platter.
- Refrigerate for at least 15 minutes to allow the chocolate to set.
Consider dipping the strawberries into crushed nuts or coconut flakes right after dipping them in the melted chocolate.
Use a fork to carefully drizzle melted white chocolate over the dipped strawberries to make your chocolate-covered strawberries look extra fancy!
Can’t find strawberries? Consider dipping dried apricots. Carefully dip half the apricot into the melted chocolate before placing it on the wax paper.