This is a delicious variation on a sushi salad. Instead of haphazardly piling the ingredients on top of one another in a bowl, they are layered in a pie tin or 8×8 baking pan. This recipe requires seasoning and preparing to taste, so no amounts of the ingredients are given.
- Cook the rice and season with a splash of the vinegar.
- Once the rice is cooled, layer the bottom of the pan with rice.
- Add the crab mixture (minced crab, mayo, sriracha, splash of lemon, splash of sesame oil).
- Layer on the cream cheese (optional–you can also mix directly with the crab), avocado, and cucumber.
- Add another layer of rice.
- Let it sit for a bit to settle and then flip onto a plate right before serving.
- Garnish with sesame seeds, avocado, spicy mayo, or other sushi topings of your choice.
Spicy mayo: mayo, sriracha, lemon, sesame oil
Note: you can really use whatever fillings you like for this also (e.g. cooked salmon, tuna, lox).