This chocolate cake recipe is so good that you will be tempted to make it when it isn’t Passover. It’s moist and yummy and everything that you expect a Passover cake recipe to not be. Don’t skimp and leave out the chocolate drizzle; you will regret it.
1 1/2 cups sugar
3/4 cup oil
2 tbsp brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp vinegar
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup cocoa
1 tsp instant coffee (optional)
3/4 cup potato starch
Ingredients (Glaze and Drizzle)
2 cups confectioners sugar
1 tbsp oil
2 tbsp hot water
2 tbsp cocoa powder (optional)
To make the cake:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix together the eggs, sugars, and oil.
- In a small separate bowl, combine the vinegar and the baking soda. This will start to fizz (it’s the same way you make a volcano at home), so quickly pour it into the larger bowl and mix well.
- Add the cocoa, instant coffee, and potato starch.
- Pour into a greased bundt pan like this one with its ridges that will catch the glaze.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until a toothpick or cake tester comes out clean.
To make the glaze:
- Mix together all of the ingredients. Stir until well combined.
- Add additional water or sugar in order to adjust the consistency.
- Pour onto the cooled cake.
Tip: Make one batch of glaze without the cocoa and a second smaller batch with the cocoa. Layer them for a beautiful effect.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Join our mailing list to receive more on the intersection of psychology, parenting, and innovation.