Sometimes the simple meals are the ones that everyone eats. Meatballs are pretty much a hit in our family all year long and this recipe can be used for Passover too!
2 pounds of ground turkey, chicken, or beef (can be mixed together)
12 ounces of mushrooms
1 can of cranberry sauce
1 jar of tomato sauce
1 cup matzo meal
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
Salt and pepper to taste
- Coarsely chop the mushrooms in a food processor. Because mushrooms stems are harder than the rest of the mushroom, remove the stems and put them in the food processor first.
- Mix together the ground meat, the mushrooms, and the matza meal.
- Add spices to the meat and mix well.
- Pour the tomato sauce and cranberry sauce into the Dutch oven and warm over medium heat.
- Stir the sauce mixture until well combined.
- When the sauce begins to simmer, roll up the balls of meat and carefully place them in the sauce.
- Let the meatballs cook on the stove for 30 minutes over medium heat, stirring as needed.
- The meatballs can stay warm by reducing the heat to a simmer.