It’s not Passover in our house unless there is sorbet. This simple, yet elegant dessert cleanses the pallet and serves as a delightful lingering taste before the Afikomen is discovered.
It works well with any fruit juice, but our favorite is mango. If you haven’t gotten tipsy from the wine, try pouring a little tequila (yes, you can get this kosher for Passover!) over it for a kosher for Passover margarita!
1 Bottle or Can of Fruit Juice
Equal Amount of Simple Syrup
- Make the simple syrup by combing one part hot water with one part sugar and mixing well. You are making a solution, so hotter water will make it easier for the sugar to dissolve.
- Pour equal amounts of fruit juice and simple syrup into a large plastic container.
- Cover the container with its lid and place it in the freezer.
- Once the mixture has mostly frozen, remove it from the freezer and gently break it into chunks using a knife.
- Place the chunks in batches into a food processor with the S-blade inside it. The mixture should begin to look creamy as you puree it in the food processor.
- Place the pureed mixture back into the plastic container and return it to the freezer for several hours.
- Remove from the freezer and enjoy!