As part of a recipe exchange at work, my wife came home with this incredible Passover recipe from Rabbi Debi Wechsler. We stopped making it into muffins and started making it as a breakfast cake. Over the years, we have substituted chocolate chips or other fruits for blueberries and every version is delicious.
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup oil
1/3 cup cake meal
1/4 cup potato starch
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup frozen blueberries (works with other fruit or chocolate chips)
Cinnamon & Sugar
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Mix oil and sugar together until somewhat creamy.
- Add eggs and beat well.
- In a separate bowl, mix together all dry ingredients.
- Carefully fold dry ingredients into wet ingredients.
- Fold in the frozen blueberries.
- Place in a lined muffin tin or pour the batter into a greased 9×13 aluminum pan.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar.
- Bake 45 minutes. The cake version may need slightly longer to finish baking.
- Cool in pan and run a knife around edges to loosen.