Psychoeducational Testing and Counseling
Sometimes we need more information about our children to help us be better parents and support them in school. Psychoeducational testing can help provide that insight. Assessments for children from preschool through college are conducted in the areas of:
- Academic problems
- Executive Functioning
- Attention-Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Developmental Delays
- Psychological functioning
- Emotional or behavioral problems
Counseling services, or psychotherapy, can also help support a child through a variety of challenges from dealing with depression and anxiety
supporting better executive functioning. to
Raising children can be challenging and sometimes feels isolating. We’re often overwhelmed and unsure of where to look for support. If you are looking to feel more confident in parenting skills, then parent coaching may be for you.
Parent coaching can provide you with on-going or short-term support to help you raise your kids and navigate through parenting challenges. It is solution-oriented and designed to help you develop effective strategies.
As a licensed psychologist (MD) and former principal, I offer local (DC metro area) and virtual parent coaching to help you build your parenting skills and become a more innovative, effective parent.
Navigating Your Child’s Education
You may have a child who is excelling in school and is bored or a child who is struggling to meet grade level requirements. Having worked in schools for the last 15 years as a school psychologist and education administrator, I can help you navigate the special education process and provide you with questions to ask your school or resources on services that might be available. Some of the areas are:
- Education concerns
- Educational placement
- Work with schools, camps, or other organizations
- Provide you with tips to support executive functioning in your child
- Cultivating the relationship between you and your child’s teachers
Who do you work with?
My child seems bored at school, what can I do?
I don't understand my child's Individual Education Plan (IEP), can you help me?
Frequently Asked Questions
What is parent coaching?
What topics can be discussed during parent coaching?
Parent coaching can help provide you with support with:
- Being an organized parent
- Developing healthy responses to challenging behaviors
- Stress management for kids and parents
- Dealing with sibling rivalry
- Supporting executive functioning in your children
- Learning concerns
- Educational placement
- Special education process and services
- Behavioral problems at home
- Working collaboratively with school, camp, and other organizations
- Building your confidence in your parenting skills
What can I expect during a parenting session?
After an initial meeting, we will set up a plan that works best for you and your family.
Some ways I can help:
- Set up parenting strategies
- Create confidence in your parenting decisions
- Build stronger relationships with your spouse and children
- Create parenting goals
- Act as a sounding board as you develop your own toolkit
Where do the sessions take place?
If you are local in the DC area, I can schedule a time to come to you and meet with you and your family.
I also can set up a virtual session. Virtual consultations are conducted via video conferencing. You’ll receive a link to participate in the session.
Who can participate in the sessions?
How can I pay for the sessions?
Plans and Pricing
I offer flexible opportunities to meet the needs of your family or school. I can provide virtual or in person consultation. Here’s an overview of some of the typical packages that I offer, but feel free to contact me to work out a plan that meets your needs.
- Initial Conversation
- Assesment of Needs
- Action Plan
- 30 Minute Discussion Virtually or In-person
- Quick Parenting Questions
- Conflict Resolution
- Sounding Board
- Parent Organization Tips
- One Session Virtually or in Person
- Strategies for Parenting Success
- Relationship Building
- Parent Goal Setting
- Discipline Strategies
- Parent Decision Making
5 SessionsBest Value
- Five 60 Minute Sessions
- 30 Minute Discussion Suggestions
- 60 Minute Discussion Suggestions
- Ongoing Parent Planning