Frequently Asked Questions
What is parent coaching?
Parent Coaching can help you work through difficult situations or just find strategies for everyday parenting needs. Whether it is having a difficult parenting conversation with your child or it is strategies for making you a more successful parent, I can help meet your needs.
What topics can be discussed during parent coaching?
Parent coaching can help provide you with support with:
- Being an organized parent
- Developing healthy responses to challenging behaviors
- Stress management for kids and parents
- Dealing with sibling rivalry
- Supporting executive functioning in your children
- Learning concerns
- Educational placement
- Special education process and services
- Behavioral problems at home
- Working collaboratively with school, camp, and other organizations
- Building your confidence in your parenting skills
What can I expect during a parenting session?
After an initial meeting, we will set up a plan that works best for you and your family.
Some ways I can help:
- Set up parenting strategies
- Create confidence in your parenting decisions
- Build stronger relationships with your spouse and children
- Create parenting goals
- Act as a sounding board as you develop your own toolkit
Where do the sessions take place?
If you are local in the DC area, I can schedule a time to come to you and meet with you and your family.
I also can set up a virtual session. Virtual consultations are conducted via video conferencing. You’ll receive a link to participate in the session.
Who can participate in the sessions?
You can participate or you can get other members of your family involved. An additional fee may be charged for more than two participants.
How can I pay for the sessions?
Payment for sessions is done prior to the session. You can pay through PayPal.
Plans and Pricing
I offer flexible opportunities to meet the needs of your family or school. I can provide virtual or in person consultation. Here’s an overview of some of the typical packages that I offer, but feel free to contact me to work out a plan that meets your needs.
- Initial Conversation
- Assesment of Needs
- Action Plan
- 30 Minute Discussion Virtually or In-person
- Quick Parenting Questions
- Conflict Resolution
- Sounding Board
- Parent Organization Tips
- One Session Virtually or in Person
- Strategies for Parenting Success
- Relationship Building
- Parent Goal Setting
- Discipline Strategies
- Parent Decision Making
5 SessionsBest Value
- Five 60 Minute Sessions
- 30 Minute Discussion Suggestions
- 60 Minute Discussion Suggestions
- Ongoing Parent Planning